Vision, Purpose, and Mission of the Church
Vision (Who we are)
The vision of Madera First Baptist Church is “Bringing people to Jesus” (Matthew 28:19-20; II Timothy 2:2).
Purpose (What we do)
The purpose of Madera First Baptist Church is to share the good news-that Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose again (I Cor. 15:1-4)-by enthusiastically training and encouraging believers to a zeal for Jesus so that they would:
- Tell our world about Jesus (Evangelism, Mark 16:15),
- Bring believers into our family (Fellowship, Heb. 10:24-25),
- Teach our family God’s Word (Discipleship, II Tim. 3:16-17, I Pet. 2:2),
- Praise God with our family (Worship, Ps 150:6; John 4:23; Acts 2:47),
- Send our family into God’s work (Ministry/Missions, I Cor 12:18,25b; Eph 2:10; 4:11-12; Acts 13:2-3; I Pet 4;10)
…so the good news would be shared with our world.
Mission (Who we reach)
In accordance with the Great Commission recorded in Matthew 28:18-20, this Church shall be committed to an outward focus by placing the needs of those who are not yet followers of Christ as a priority of the Church. While congregational care of regular participants shall not be neglected (I Cor 2:25), outreach to others who are outside or new to the Church shall be given the first priority in budgeting, staffing, and scheduling of Church activities (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8). Thus the mission of this Church is to make new disciples, help them grow in spiritual maturity, and welcome them into a congregation that is healthy, growing, and multiplying (Acts 2:44-47).